Tuesday, April 9, 2013

8 Ball Pool for iOS lets you rule the pool halls





8 Ball Pool is an addictive billiards app for iOS featuring colorful graphics and a robust online community. Developed by Miniclip and optimized for the iPhone 5, this billiards game lets you play with friends from both the Miniclip and Facebook communities.




I have to admit that before I started playing 8 Ball Pool, I was a bit worried I wouldn't have much luck against the other players. I play the game in real life about as often as I go to the dentist, not because I don't like it, but because the opportunity rarely arises.




Fortunately, I found that however bad you are at actual pool has little effect on how good you'll be at this game. That's because the app is so easy to understand that casual players like me will find it challenging, but not discouraging. In addition, the game includes advanced options for more expert players, so they won't get bored either.




First, the basics You can start playing as a Miniclip member, a Facebook user, or (my favorite) a guest member -- that last requiring no registration or username. Once you're in, you can either play with friends or get matched up one-on-one with random users. There is a third option to play a tournament, but the game says that feature is "coming soon." Strangely, I noticed in other users' profiles that they had played in tournaments already. Maybe that's a bug, or maybe t... [Read more]




No comments:

Post a Comment